Tuesday, August 21, 2007

House sale is complete on August 30!!

FYI all, The sale of the house is complete on August 30th and there closes out my 5 year plan...almost to the day. I purchased the house, closed on it August 31, 2002 and I will close again on August 30 5 years later.

Didn't get my asking price but I'm still able to walk away satisfying my goals of debt relief, new car, and some investment $$.

The cohabitation is going well, and since its been raining over the past two days, we've been experiencing some leaky roof issues. Gotta love homeownership...

I will be racing this weekend at the Northeast Triathlon, first time since Eagleman and I think I've been able to shed the maliase and burnout. I've been base building for the past 3 weeks and trying to slim down at the same time. We were in Luray, VA this past weekend and rode on the picturesque country roads with several grinder hills.

Not much other news to report, no new job, and no "bling" on the left hand [he he he...].

Cheers all!

Cory

3 Comments:

At Wed Aug 22, 04:07:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Meagan said...

Congrats on the house! I'm sure it must feel good. Good luck at the race this weekend.

Can't wait to hear/see about a new car!

 
At Thu Aug 23, 12:48:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger no-e-plz said...

the Honda has found a new home with my mom...and I'm buying John's dad's Toyota 4Runner [2000 with 117k miles on it...]. So the wagon stays in the family and I get to see it on occasion [like adopting out a pet].

I'll email ya'll about my last race of the season. Next year, we're talking about doing the Survival of the Shawangunks (SOS) that entails biking 30 miles, run 4, swim 1.2, run [oh, heck, I can't remember, read for yourself http://www.ulster.net/~sosnyta/]. We have to qualify by being able to do a 1/2 Ironman in under 7 hrs...done.

We're also talking about maybe doing Vineman in N. Cal in June next year too....

 
At Tue Aug 28, 06:27:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Meghan said...

That SOS race looks like a crazy one, missy! Think you should consider some kayaking accoutrements with which to sherpa your gear like a drybag backpack...

I narrowly missed a couple of tornados during a recent trip back to the Midwest so hear you for sure about the weather/house combo. Luckily, Seattle weather has been mild and kind as of late.

I'll add my belated good luck wishes to Meagan's for the Northeast tri. The last time I did it the race was called the Riverwatch and townies threw tacks out on the course. Boo! Will cross my fingers that the locals settled down during the race's hiatus.

Will work on getting a post up soon with all my news and looking for some from others as well- Machu Picchu, Reillyfest, Northeast Tri rr... so many things to cover!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home