Monday, December 10, 2007

Its been Waaaayyy too long since we've posted here....

So, I know there's significant news out there amongst all y'all former 35 and Dry-ers...but rather than spoil everyone else's news, I'll just focus on my own...

Since August and the house sale, things have been relatively quiet and we've been adjusting to co-habitation with all that entails. I gave my Honda to my mom and bought John's dad's Toyota 4 Runner [I feel somewhat guilty for having an SUV that gets at best 19 mpg...but I don't drive it that often so does that help??]. We've registered for the SOS race, put our names in for the lottery for the Escape from Alcatraz race in SF in June, are talking about doing the B2B bike ride (http://www.harpoonbrewery.com/b2b) with Harpoon Brewery where you ride 136 miles from one brewery to the other and then drink beer...not a race, just a ride. Haven't actually considered any "traditional" races yet and have gotten shut out of Columbia due to my lack of attention...you snooze, you lose, right?

We've also discussed doing the Vineman Iron distance race [he would do the IM, I would do the women's only 1/2 on the same day] but those discussions are still ongoing. There's also talk of doing the Disney Challenge [1/2 marathon one day and a full marathon the next] in 2009. I would only do the half to keep from feeling totally like a slug...speaking of slug, that's exactly how I feel now...hibernating, not exercising, and eating like its going out of style...[an all time low point currently].

I've thought about training for at least the 1/2 marathon for The Nations Marathon at the end of March...maybe the marathon but in my current sloth-like state, even 5 miles seems like too much. We're doing the Celtic Solstice 5-miler this coming Saturday and then my nephew and I are going to see Spamalot at the National Theater. The Celtic run is up from 400 when I first ran the race in 2002 to 2,400 this year....craziness.

Oh, in September, I went out to Seattle for Meghan's wedding which was fantastic!! Besides being my first trip to Seattle, it was just great to experience the Kroll wedding and see everyone up close and personal...




Am officially "retiring" from the DC Tri Club board and handing the reigns off to a new group of youthful energetic and enthusiastic members who will take the club off to bigger and better things. They organized and executed the first DC Tri Club swim meet yesterday and had 45 people show up for all sorts of fun and prizes. $5 got you into 5 different events...sounds like fun but 6 a.m. on a Sunday morning isn't something I see very often any more...Heck, I don't see 5:30 a.m. during the week at all and since I've stopped setting an alarm, I'm more likely to see 7 a.m. than 6...geeze, now I just feel old and lazy...

Okay, so there's a newer post, jump in if you have significant news [and I know some of you do]. Hope to see some of you soon ... Meagan...wanna go for a run?? Reebok is sponsoring a 1/2 marathon training program at Gotta Run in Pentagon Row ... for free...Sat a.m. runs from the shop....sounds good to me!!

Happy Hanukkah, Xmas, and Merry New Year!

Cory

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home