Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The 2008 season has begun!!!

So, slackers unite [or is that untie??]

I've been in hibernation mode for waaaaayyy too long...and the clothes are shrinking [ha ha ha]. John and I just registered for this: http://www.harpoonbrewery.com/index.cfm?pid=28553
The route goes from Boston to VT for 143 miles in one day, includes 2 rest stops and a bus ride back to the start.

The 600 person ride sold out in less than 20 minutes.

Other races on the agenda include:

March 29th: Nations Half Marathon
June 8th: Escape from Alcatraz (if I manage to get in via lottery in Feb)
June 14th: Harpoon Brewery to Brewery ride (143 miles)
July 13th: Muddy Buddy in Richmond http://www.muddybuddy.com/events.php?id=4
August 2nd: Vineman 1/2 Ironman (Barb's race)
Sept 7th: The Survival of the Shawangunks race in New Paltz, NY (www.ulster.net/~sosnyta/)

That seems like a full calendar to me. Somewhere in there I might do a "normal" triathlon that doesn't require massive travel or storing your shoes in a dry bag.

Time to get cracking on the run training if I want to be able to keep up with Meghan and Molly!!

Over and Out!

Cory

1 Comments:

At Wed Jan 16, 09:05:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Nate Reilly said...

trying to make us all feel inadequate with all your adventures?? All I can add is becoming a dad (again) in february (or march), 5 miler in march (first nate race in st louis), half marathon in april (first half marathon for me ever), half iron in july (why do I keep doing this?)

Will post more with pics soon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home