Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Another cycling tour...and you thought the Olympics were the only thing to watch

The Amgen Tour of California is in its second stage and competing with the winter Olympics for attention. Levi Leipheimer is in the lead with Bobby Julich and George Hincapie right behind him.

You could win a Felt F80 if you go to the site...bet you they don't have Bob Roll or Bob in the Buff. I know they don't have the announcers from the Tour. I saw Phil [or was it Paul?] at the Cross Country ski segment in Italy for the Olympics. I actually rode my new Roubaix yesterday around and around Hains Point with Jen [Jacobs]...it was a dream!! Took less work and felt like I was riding a cloud...whoopie!!

In other non-related training notes, I managed to go out for a friend's bachelorette party on Saturday and stayed out [and sort of awake] until 5 a.m....party like a rock star. Shots, silly 80s dancing at the Black Cat and breakfast at some restaurant on 17th street.

Otherwise, life in DC is nearly normal, crazy winter weather, in need of new biking partners to keep me motivated to press onward toward the ultimate goal of Eagleman.

1 Comments:

At Sat Feb 25, 12:33:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Meghan said...

Who wants to come out and we'll road trip down to watch?!

It's been a decent training week for me. I managed to ride this morning despite a very un-Seattle dusting of snow overnight. It's finally getting lighter here early enough that I got in my first pre-early-class run of the quarter on Thursday. That makes 3 doubles this week for workouts, but only 2 rides. Will commit to getting out on my bike 3 times next week! How goes the training in DC, St. Louis (or Las Vegas) & Baltimore? Will miss you all as I head out for my first longer ride of Eagleman training on Sunday...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home