Wednesday, March 08, 2006

13 weeks and counting

I've done two major things today:

1. decided to sell my trusty LeMond now that I have a spiffy new Roubaix. Check it out here. To me its like selling my first born but it wasn't until I realized that (a) its taking up space in my small house, (b) I could use the $$ to defray the cost of the new one and (c) someone else new to the sport could be getting some use from it and the realistic chance of me putting my butt back on the seat anytime soon is just silly.

2. charted out the lesser task of the "13 Weeks to 1/2 Ironman" from Gail Bernhardt's "Training plans for Multisport Athletes". You might remember that I attempted [and failed] to get on the 25 weeks to 1/2 Ironman in October where she had us [me?] doing double 2x per week...in the off season that's just silly.

Still trying to get back on track for normal life; I'm three days back from the Bahamas where I quickly adopted "Island Time"...get up sometime after 9, shower, put on bathing suit, sarong, tank top, go find breakfast and then hang out on the beach until further notice; during beach time, order fruffu rum drinks and occasionally get off your lazy butt and get into the crystal clear blue salt water [makes you more bouant]...marvel at the huge cruise ships that pull into port.

It was bliss:



Trip was fun, and I'm sunburned in March!! not that I enjoy being sunburned but I've never had a tan this early in the year...I'll get skin cancer any way I can...

So I'm geared up for the warmer weather but still expecting cold. I like this light earlier and staying light later business. I might even resurect the Tues/Thurs biking group but at 6 a.m. rather than 5:30 for the time being...

Meagan, thanks for the 4 week Alex phots..he's getting so big!!

I'll check in later to let you know if I'm able to stick to the plan or not!!

Cory

3 Comments:

At Fri Mar 10, 12:59:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Meghan said...

Great pictures, Cory! And congrats for getting on the training plan.

I'm missing you all and the way working out with you can get me out of my head- too much school work going on for me...

 
At Sun Mar 12, 07:14:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Nate Reilly said...

I am jealous Cory. I was in NYC this week but I have no pictures that compare. I did get a little bit sunburnt this week but as you know, one day of 70 degrees and that happens to me. I did just go for my second ride in two days. Neither ride was epic but I was on the bike so I cannot complain. I did pretty much take 5 days off because of this damn ear infection but I am back and hopefully the thought of 90 days to go will get me motivated.

 
At Mon Mar 13, 02:43:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Meghan said...

Ran 10 this morning, but only managed 14 on the bike yesterday- brrr! So good to text with everyone yesterday whilst I worked, especially Chris as we now can officially call off the search party! I just finished up work for my stats class and am hoping to be done with a paper for quantitative methods this afternoon. That will leave one big paper left to write before Wednesday. Good thing I've started to mainline the caffeine like most Seattlites. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home