Monday, April 03, 2006

Cherry Blossom 10 miler

For the first time in recent memory, the weather [and the blossoms] were in perfect form for the Cherry Blossom 10 miler yesterday. It was my first time running in that race and its JAMMED with people and tough to get into a rhythm. I've been suffering with allergies for the past two weeks so while I trained for this one, my endurance was seriously reduced and it shows in my time [1:42:37, 10.38 pace]. I also decided to take a late afternoon bike ride with John on Saturday out to the palisades to see the lovely cherry blossoms. It was a great ride except for the times I thought I was going to die...first time riding on the road on Rock Creek...an experience to say the least. I can do me some urban riding but heck...I like my face the way it is [un scathed by road rash for the moment], thank you very much. All turned out well and I convinced John to take the GW path on the way home to avoid the car traffic...we compromised; roads [no peds] on the way out and path [no cars] on the way back.

An easy 20 mile ride, testing out the new aerobars and seat!! The seat is like a glove for my butt [sorry for the graphic reference but its that good] ... and the aerobars need a bit of adjusting but they're pretty spiffy. I hit my knees on them when I get out of the saddle to go up a hill.

On Sunday, after the race, we went to the Capitol Hill Bikes Expo where John was a model. Like last year, everyone got something [I got a mini tool and some socks, John got a Specialized mt. bike saddle and a t-shirt -- sweet Bianchi shirt] and then went to see "Inside Man" -- really good Spike Lee/Clive Owen/Denzel Washington movie. So here it is, Monday morning and I'm still tired from yesterday.

Training is back on and will post updates as I progress through my plan!

2 Comments:

At Mon Apr 03, 10:26:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Meghan said...

Woo hoo for you, Cory, gettin' out to do the race and I'm glad that the weather cooperated. You planning to add photos from the race & fashion show? I like to see my news as well as read it ;-)

Rode 38.95 yesterday and had a fabulous breakfast afterwards complete with bacon. Mmm, bacon! I'm planning a bit of a recovery day today (only swimming tonight) after a great week of training. And it sounds like Cory is on track- Nate, how's training going?

 
At Mon Apr 03, 12:22:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Nate Reilly said...

I feel like a complete wimp. I was feeling good about my two hour ride on saturday but that is nothing compared to the two of you. Great weekends for both of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home