Sunday, May 28, 2006

Nate is OUT

OK so no that kind of out. Out of Eagleman. Too many things have added up to me not being ready and my body is not ready to do something it is not ready for. I have tried to cram in some key workouts lately to jumpstart my readiness but those workouts left me feeling dead so I know I am not ready to do the whole thing. I am still coming so now Meghan and Cory have a huge support crew.

I was hoping the training would help me get through all the changes in my life but it seems the changes in my life have overwhelmed the training. I am starting to get in a groove with training and if this race was in three months, I think I would be more than ready but I can see a really bad day of racing sending my whole world crashing down... I am excited to see everyone and I think I will be much better company without the issues of being overly stressed....

nate

3 Comments:

At Mon May 29, 04:30:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Meghan said...

So sorry you won't be out there on the course with us, Nate! But so glad you'll be there to support us...

Did my last long ride this morning and starting taper- woo hoo!! Exam prep is really tough and I am so looking forward to celebrating finishing up with y'all in DC!

 
At Tue May 30, 08:42:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger no-e-plz said...

I talked to Meghan yesterday and she said she's still in full finger gloves; I rode yesterday afternoon at 3 p.m. in 85-90 degree heat and wind...perfect E-man simulation...its HOT!! Foot is improving but I'll probably be limping along during the run. Nate, glad you'll be here but sorry you won't be racing. We'll still make you a t-shirt. Hopefully Chris will make it out to watch; I know Meagan and Scott were planning to come too. My dad, mom and John will be there too...so...it will be a full on spectator crew!! Pizza at Pizza Hut post race?? Who's in?!?!?!?

 
At Tue May 30, 09:42:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Meghan said...

Oooh, I was hoping for crabs by the bridge again this year... but there's nothing to say we can't eat multiple times/places as we'll have just finished a 1/2 IM- woo hoo!

This taper thing is a bit strange as I'd normally be out on a run now... Am at school working early instead. One week to go to exams- yikes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home