Monday, May 08, 2006

Whew...thankfully its Monday. I can rest now.

Well my government slacker flex schedule every other Friday off just makes me jam more stuff into a 3 day weekend. Swam on Friday, got the bike fixed [rear derailur was wacked and flight deck wasn't working properly], Home Depot, Trader Joes, etc and two happy hours; Saturday I did a brick of the Columbia course [the race is May 21 and I've got something to prove since last year I got that dreaded flat tire], went to REI's anniversary sale and then the Nats Pirates game [11 innings later the Nats lost]. Sunday I swam, went to book club and then had Thai pot luck dinner at a friend's house [I made Mango sticky rice...yummmm]...oh and in between then, watched the first stage of the Giro d'Italia [Yea Robby McEwen].

Its been a crazy training weekend but all is well, I feel pretty good, the weather has been cooperating [nice and dry until yesterday] and not too warm. Perfect race conditions. We'll see if that holds for the next two weeks. I've got my sights on June 11 rather than May 21 although I can't completely discount Columbia. Will be riding the Eagleman course this coming Saturday morning with a group and there's a promise of Pizza Hut post ride. How can I refuse?

Anyone have any tapering tips?? I have never done it successfully and wonder if there really is a benefit [and do I deserve one since I haven't really been packing on the training hours].

Otherwise, its another day in DC; more political muck swirling about, and I'm trying to tiptoe through it all.

3 Comments:

At Tue May 09, 01:03:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Meghan said...

Gonna check into that whole taper-planning-thingy this weekend and will let you know what I learn...

 
At Tue May 09, 07:46:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Meagan said...

The number one rule with any taper is although your appetite might be still high, (for those who have been doing some serious training) be sure not to overeat! It will hurt to do all of the race!

 
At Tue May 09, 11:30:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger no-e-plz said...

good to know about the food thing...I will keep an eye on the consumption volume. Yea, I did just under 30 miles of biking this morning and can't seem to shove the food in fast enough!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home