Monday, June 05, 2006

6 Days and Counting!!

The plane reservations are made, the plans are in place, all we need now are the "Players" and they'll be here on Friday!! Are we ready to race?? Who cares??!@?? We'll be sporting new t-shirts [thanks to Meagan] and a new bike [yea for my tax return] and hoping for cooler, no windy weather. In a weird confluence of interplanetary alignment, all sorts of out of town folks are gathering in the area this weekend/week.

My dad will be here on Wednesday and will be
bouncing back and forth between Baltimore (my sister's family) and DC; my best friend from elementary school who does circus stuff will be in on the 12th; Nate arrives on Friday, leaves Sunday; Meghan arrives Friday, leaves Tuesday; oh and a good friend of John's will be in town between Wed and Fri...as if we didn't have enough to do already. I'm excited for the race, more excited to see you all catch up, have Meghan and Meagan meet John, and generally catch up with you all.

All that's left to do is check and re check the bike, pack all the pre race, race, and post race gear...loads of body glide, hat, sunscreen, and oh, yea, the cowbell for anyone who wants to ring it...

looking forward to seeing you all soon!!

1 Comments:

At Thu Jun 08, 08:21:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Meghan said...

Well, the bike is packed and I'm at T2 in the exam process (2 down, 1 to go this afternoon). The end is in sight, but my brain is tired, tired, tired. And that's especially strange since it's in marked contrast to how great my body is feeling. I felt strong on my last ride yesterday and am looking forward to a post-exam dip in the pool tonight & a short run to get the jitters out tomorrow am before getting on the plane- woo hoo! Am so looking forward to seeing you at Finn Mac Cool's on Friday or out in Cambridge on Sunday. Eagleman, here we come!! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home